Saturday, December 27, 2008

Christmas '08






This Christmas was a little different then most xmas's. My Christmas usually consists of waking up with the family opening gifts, eating breakfast, getting dressed in our new nice outfits then going to grandma Starks for presents and lunch, then to my dads for more presents and then hanging out. I don't really remember what we did with Clarke's family the first two years we were married how sad huh. Last year we were in St. George though with his family, that was really fun. But no snow. So this xmas we stayed home together. We woke up opened gifts and then went over to our friends house who also stayed home together for some yummy breakfast. We had crepes and french toast with milk and egg nog. It was awesome. Later on in the day we had prepared another awesome feast which consisted of Roast Beef and potatoes and carrots. we invited my dad over to eat with us and we had a great time. We watched Christmas movies and went for a sorta bumpy ride around town in the snow in hopes that we could end up in Labor and Delivery, but obviously that didn't happen. I can't believe how much snow we got. It was awesome though.
The day after is always my birthday and I had to wake up early and go to work. How lame....no just kidding it wasn't bad. There were hardly any patients and my co-worker Carrie would not let me work, she made me sit and do nothing. Which I guess was pretty cool of her, she also bought me one of my favorite lunches, Juniper take out. Turkey Steak Sandwich with their amazing steak fries. And We got to close early we went home at around 1pm. Heather came by with Kade later on to visit, that was really fun to see her again and chat. Thanks againd Heather for coming over and for the gift I love it. I can't believe how big Kade is though, he is growing so fast.
Last night Clarke took me to Hamiltons for my Big Brithday dinner, Thanks to Dr. Matt from work for the B-day dinner (He gave everyone a $40 gift card to Hamiltons/Cafe Sabor for xmas. What an awesome guy). On man that was awesome. I loved every minute of that experience. I had the prime rib with sweet potatoes and veggies and Clarke had ter. Chicken with garlic potatoes. It was also really good. Then they gave us some Creme bu' la (i don't know how to spell that) on the house, Holy cow that was also so dang good. And you know when you eat cheesecake and you feel even more full and fat, well this lovely creme bu' la does not make you feel that way, even Clarke said he didn't feel really full after eating it. It was such a fun night to just hang out together and eat at a nice resturant. We went and saw Eagle Eye at the Cinafour after dinnner, which by the way is the worst movie theater ever. The speakers were all fussy the whole time which made it really hard to understand what they were saying at times. The movie was great though and it was cheap, so I guess you get what you pay for. We had a blast needless to say. It may be our last time out on the town by ourseleves for a while so again it was nice to get out. I hope everyone else had a great Christmas!

3 comments:

Heather Ashcroft said...

It was a lot of fun to come and see you. I wish we could get together more often. Can't wait till the babe gets here. Good luck!

Nicole Leavitt said...

You are the stinkin cutest preggo chic ever! Can't wait for baby Brooklyn! It's 11:38 pm..Im going to bow down and say it. Yes..I was wrong..you are making it to your due date! ;)

Lindsay Kay said...

Ahhh! Your belly is so big and round and adorable. I am so excited for you. Good Luck!